Learn how to adjust inventory quantities within Sellbrite.
When adding or adjusting inventory in Sellbrite, you are updating the On Hand quantity. Reserved and Available inventory levels are calculated by the system and cannot be updated by you.
Note: Inventory quantities should only be adjusted using Sellbrite. Adjusting your inventory quantities directly within a sales channel can interfere with Sellbrite's ability to properly sync your quantities. If you have done this, contact our support team so that they can assist you in correcting this.
Adjusting Inventory Individually
One of the quickest methods of adjusting your inventory in Sellbrite is through the Inventory tab under Products.
Here, you will see an On Hand quantities column appear in blue, along with your price. These fields can quickly be edited, just by clicking on those links.
Enter your inventory quantity in the On Hand field.
Click the blue checkbox when finished.
If a Product has multiple warehouses, the On Hand quantity will not be editable from this page.
You can quickly tell if you see "(multiple)" under the Locations column.
NOTE: You can apply a filter to only view inventory located in a single warehouse.
Another method would be to click on the Product Name and Sellbrite will take you to it's Edit Product page.
You will be directed to the Inventory section for this product, where you can update inventory quantities across the multiple warehouses for the selected SKU.
Adjusting Inventory in Bulk
When editing your Product quantities in bulk, you can use the Bulk Editor tool found in your Inventory Manager page.
After clicking the Bulk Editor button, you will see your inventory page turn into an Excel-like grid, where you can click on any of the white cells to edit the data.
You can even update your Bin Location, and Sale Price of each item found in your various warehouses. For inventory items located in FBA, only Price can be updated.
This grid has many of the features you will find in a typical spreadsheet:
- You can use the arrows, tab, and enter keys on your keyboard to move from cell to cell.
- You can also click and drag your cursor to select multiple cells.
- To copy the value of a cell, simply click, hold, and drag it down.
- You can also copy the cells from an external spreadsheet and paste them right into the selected cells
After your changes have been made, you must click the Save Changes button. You can optionally add a note, which will be recorded with all the inventory transaction records created.
Adjust Inventory in bulk with a spreadsheet
One of the quickest ways to add or adjust inventory quantities is by using Sellbrite's Inventory CSV Spreadsheet.
1. Click Settings > Export Data
2. On the Inventory line, click the icon for All Data
This will generate a CSV spreadsheet with the following columns:
|COLUMN NAME||FIELD IN SELLBRITE||DESCRIPTION||ACCEPTED VALUES||EXAMPLE|
NOTE: The Name field is there only to help you identify your products, but is not required or used when you import your quantities back into Sellbrite.
Under column B, enter the new quantities for your products.
There are 2 types of changes you can make with the Inventory Spreadsheet:
- New Totals = Loading a new total quantity for your SKU. For example, if you have 10 total units on hand, add a quantity of 10.
- Receipts or Adjustments = Making incremental adjustments. For example, if you just received in 5 more units, add 5. Or, if you need to account for 2 units sold on a sales channel outside Sellbrite, add -2.
Save the file. Make sure to save in CSV format.
To import the new inventory data, go to Settings > Import Data > Inventory
Select the file you wish to import. You will have to tell Sellbrite two things:
- Type of Inventory Data: Does the file contain the Actual Quantity or does the file contain the Quantity Adjustments.
- Which warehouse does the inventory on the CSV Spreadsheet belong to.
Click Upload File.
That's it! Your quantities are on their way into Sellbrite. You will get a notification when the file is done importing, as well as an email confirmation.
Adjust Inventory through the API
Inventory can also be added/updated automatically through a custom integration using our API. Click here to see our API documentation.