This article will teach you how to get started with Etsy from Sellbrite.
Connecting Your Account
Connecting your Etsy account is super simple. Just go to the Settings tab and then click on the Sales Channel Integrations link on the left.
If you already have channels added, first click the Connect a New Channel button. Otherwise, simply click Etsy from the list on the left and then follow the instructions on the right to connect your account. You can add as many Etsy accounts as you wish, as long as they fit within your plan.
You'll be taken through a series of steps, but it should take no more than 30 seconds to connect your account. Once you're done, you'll be back in Sellbrite with your new Etsy channel connected. You can rename your new channel to something more familiar.
Import Existing Listings
If you already have products listed on your Etsy channel, Sellbrite can import those listings so you can manage them moving forward. There are 2 goals when importing listings:
1) Import listing data
The first goal is to get your listings into Sellbrite so they can be managed moving forward.
2) Create products and/or link to products
The second goal is to link those listings to products in Sellbrite, so that inventory and order data can be synced between them. If there are no products in Sellbrite yet for your listings, you have the option to create them.
Creating products for your listings will also use the inventory quantities on those listings to build your initial inventory in Sellbrite.
How to import listings
To import your listings, go to Settings > Import Data, and choose Etsy within the Listings section.
The import page gives you a few options when you run your import:
1) Automatically build products from these listings
The most common option when importing listings is to automatically create products out of them. Because Etsy has no place for a SKU, Sellbrite will auto-generate SKUs for you if you choose this option.
Sellbrite will use the inventory quantity from each listing to create your inventory record for each product.
If you choose not to auto-build products, Sellbrite will simply import your listings and leave them unlinked. You can then add your own SKU and create the product manually, or you can link your listing to an already existing product.
For Etsy, this option is generally only used if using option 1 would create duplicate products in your catalog, or if you already have your own SKUs for your products,and you wish to assign them during your setup.
For peace of mind, know that any manually linked listing will never be unlinked during an import, so if you take the time to link listings to existing products during your setup, a new Etsy import will never undo that work.
2) Include Inactive Listings
You have the option to include your Inactive listings during an Etsy import.
3) Include Expired Listings
You have the option to include your Expired listings during an Etsy import.
Managing Channel Settings
- Etsy Username: The "Username" of the Etsy account you have connected to Sellbrite.
- Account Nickname: Here, you can change the name of your Etsy channel as it appears in Sellbrite, under "Your Channels".
- Status: Your Status should always say "Connected" once your Etsy channel is connected. You can always test the connection of the channel, using the "Test Connection" button towards the right hand side of the page.
Inventory Sync should NOT be turned on if you've just connected Etsy and have not yet imported any listings from your Etsy account. If you don't have any listings yet published in Etsy and are going to begin building products to Etsy from Sellbrite, then you can turn Inventory Sync on at this point.
- Inventory Sync: Inventory sync is one of the most powerful features in Sellbrite. Once activated, Sellbrite checks your Listings every 15 minutes to see if they need to be updated.
- Inventory Rules: Inventory Rules are a simple way to control what quantities are sent to a channel, both at the time of initial listing, and as a rule for your automatic inventory sync, which happens every 15 minutes to help prevent you from overselling. You can currently create one Rule per channel account and you can choose to list a percentage of your available inventory, a maximum quantity, or a minimum.
- Warehouse Locations: Sellbrite allows for multiple warehouse locations, meaning if you store inventory for each product in multiple warehouses, you can update and manage each location’s quantity separately. From here, you can sort the order of your warehouses to designate a default warehouse for Etsy, and also disable any warehouse, if you don’t want use that warehouse as a fulfillable source of inventory for Etsy.