This article will teach you how to use Sellbrite when coming from the BigCommerce App Store.
Welcome to Sellbrite!
Sellbrite is an inventory and listing management system for multichannel sellers. We make it simple to manage what you sell, and where you sell it.
Products & Inventory
The physical items that you stock and sell are represented in Sellbrite as Products.
Inventory is the quantity of Products you have in stock.
A stock keeping unit or SKU (pronounced “skew”) is the unique identifier or code assigned to each specific product. The SKU is created and assigned by you, the merchant, to identify and track your own inventory and should be constructed in a way that has meaning to you. Your Products in Sellbrite must have SKUs.
Items you are offering for sale on a sales channel are called Listings. Your Listings from each channel are represented in Sellbrite in the Channels section.
Linking refers to a connection between a listing and its corresponding product.
If a listing uses the same SKU as the product, the two will be linked automatically. Listings without SKUs or with different SKUs than the products must be linked manually.
Listings should be linked to products so that when an order is placed for a particular listing, Sellbrite knows which product inventory should be adjusted. The link also allows Sellbrite to update the quantities on all listings that are linked to a product with the available inventory.
Now that we understand some of the key concepts of Sellbrite, let's really get you started by importing your existing BigCommerce Products into Sellbrite!
Importing Existing Products
One of the most important parts of getting started with Sellbrite is building your product catalog. Your Sellbrite products will be the central control system for your sales channel listings.
If you already have products listed on your BigCommerce channel, Sellbrite can import those listings so you can manage them moving forward. There are 2 goals when importing products from BigCommerce:
1) Import listing data
The first goal is to get your BigCommerce listings into Sellbrite so they can be managed moving forward.
2) Create products and/or link to products
The second goal is to link those listings to products in Sellbrite, so that inventory and order data can be synced between them. If there are no products in Sellbrite yet for your listings, you have the option to create them.
Creating products for your listings will also use the inventory quantities on those listings to build your initial inventory in Sellbrite.
How to import listings
To import your listings, go to Settings > Import Data, and choose BigCommerce within the Listings section.
The import page gives you two options when you run your import:
1) Automatically build products from these listings
The most common option when importing listings is to automatically create products out of them. If you have SKUs on your listings, Sellbrite will use those SKUs to create your products.
If you do not have SKUs in your listings, Sellbrite will auto-generate SKUs for you.
Sellbrite will use the inventory quantity from each listing to create your inventory record for each product.
For peace of mind, know that any manually linked listing will never be unlinked during an import, so if you take the time to link listings to existing products during your setup, a new BigCommerce import will never undo that work.
2) Include Not Visible Listings
You have the option to include your not visible listings during an BigCommerce import.
Managing Channel Settings
- BigCommerce Username: The "Username" name of the BigCommerce account you have connected to Sellbrite.
- Account Nickname: Here, you can change the name of your BigCommerce channel as it appears in Sellbrite, under "Your Channels".
- Status: Your Status should always say "Connected" once your BigCommerce channel is connected. You can always test the connection of the channel, using the "Test Connection" button towards the right hand side of the page.
Inventory Sync should NOT be turned on if you've just connected BigCommerce and have not yet imported any listings from your BigCommerce account. If you don't have any listings yet published in BigCommerce and are going to begin building products to BigCommerce from Sellbrite, then you can turn Inventory Sync on at this point.
- Inventory Sync: Inventory sync is one of the most powerful features in Sellbrite. Once activated, Sellbrite checks your Listings every 15 minutes to see if they need to be updated.
- Inventory Rules: Inventory Rules are a simple way to control what quantities are sent to a channel, both at the time of initial listing, and as a rule for your automatic inventory sync, which happens every 15 minutes to help prevent you from overselling. You can currently create one Rule per channel account and you can choose to list a percentage of your available inventory, a maximum quantity, or a minimum.
- Warehouse Locations: Sellbrite allows for multiple warehouse locations, meaning if you store inventory for each product in multiple warehouses, you can update and manage each location’s quantity separately. From here, you can sort the order of your warehouses to designate a default warehouse for BigCommerce, and also disable any warehouse, if you don’t want use that warehouse as a fulfillable source of inventory for BigCommerce.