Adding Product Variations directly in the Sellbrite app
How to add a new product with variations
1. Click +Add Product from Products > All Products page.
2. Enter product attributes for the Parent.
3. Click the box for Variations Present to enable variations for this product.
4. Add variation options and values.
5. Click Generate Variations
6. Enter SKU and quantity for each variation.
7. Click Save Product.
How to add a new variation to an existing product
1. Click Product tab > All Products
2. Find and click into the Product you wish to add variations to in order to open its Edit Product page.
3. Click the Variations tab within this page.
4. Click Add Variations
5. Enter variation values for the Variation. For your first variation, the original Product SKU will be used.
Note: Be sure to be consistent with your capitalization and formatting, otherwise certain sales channels may have a problem identifying and grouping your variation listings.
6. Add a Parent SKU.
7. Save the Changes.
If you want to add more Variations at a time, just repeat Steps 4 and 5.
Adding New Variation Products via Product CSV Template
First, review the Product CSV Template in Sellbrite
To do this, click Settings > Export Data > Products - Template Only
Open the Product CSV Template in Excel or any spreadsheet application. Review the Variation Product in the file to see how it looks.
You'll see an example of the variation with the Parent SKU SBTSHIRT.
- Parent SKU is assigned in the second column. This SKU is NOT used for the actual Parent row, only the variation rows, in order to group the variations with the Parent.
- Variation names (Size, Color) will live on the Parent row, and variation values (Small, Blue) will live on the Variant rows.
Add your Parent & Variation SKUs
Go back to Settings > Export Data, but this time select Products - All Data. Filter by a specific Product Category if desired.
Delete everything except for the top 3 header rows, and the products you want to group together.
Find the row that you wish to use as your Parent, then add subsequent Variation rows beneath it. Make sure to enter the Parent SKU for each variation row. Leave the Parent SKU column blank for the Parent.
Update the variation column for each of the rows. For the Parent, enter the variation option (Size,Color). For the Variations, enter the actual variation value (Small, Blue). Be consistent with your formatting and capitalization, and only enter one value in each cell.
Products can vary on up to 5 different things.
Save the Spreadsheet as a new CSV file. You may want to rename it.
To import the data back into Sellbrite, Click Settings > Import Data > Products - CSV File
Select the saved file you created. When the file finishes uploading, your Variation Product will be built properly, with a Parent Product, and any Variations all together as a grouped family.
Group Variation Products Together via CSV
It's possible to group existing Single Products together to form a Variation Product. This is done very similarly to creating a new one, per the process outlined above.