WARNING: Before you begin Building Products, be sure you read this article: Go-Live Step 2. Reviewing Go-Live Step 2 is critical, and skipping Step 2 could result in hours of extra work later on to manually fix things.
Build Products individually
For building new Products to Sellbrite, the easiest method might be adding a product through the Sellbrite interface. This only takes a minute, and you can start listing the new product immediately. Learn more here.
Build Products in bulk
Do you want to Build by CSV?
Do you have a spreadsheet with all your Products and information about them? If so, you might want to build your inventory from a Product CSV spreadsheet. Learn more here.
It is simple to bulk create Products in Sellbrite by uploading a CSV Spreadsheet. The Product CSV Spreadsheet is easy to populate and can handle thousands of Products in a single upload.
Or, Do you want to Build by Channel?
Your inventory in Sellbrite can be built from the listings on on of your sales channels, and the stock levels from this channel will be set as your initial stock levels in Sellbrite. You have the option to create inventory from your listings during an import, which is a great way to build your Products in bulk, quickly and efficiently.
You also have the option to create inventory from your listings one at a time. This is a good option if you wish to add a custom SKU or edit the data in your listing. Learn more here.
Most of our merchants don't have a master spreadsheet containing *all* the products they want to list using Sellbrite, so they Build Products using the channel method, instead. You just tell Sellbrite which sales channel to grab product data from, and Sellbrite imports the information from your live listings on that channel.
To do this, select the channel you'd like to build your Inventory from. Sellbrite will import your Listings from that channel, and then create a Product in Sellbrite based on the information in the Listing. Sellbrite will also identify the quantity listed on the channel and add inventory to the Products.
1. Which of your channels contains the most Products (SKUs), and the most accurate quantities? Start with that channel.
2. Consider channel limitations. Some channels give us a lot of data from your Listings, and some have restrictions. Here's the easiest to build from, in order:
- Shopify (if you don't have Products with variations)
- Etsy (Etsy does not require SKUs, so Sellbrite will automatically generate random SKUs for any products that come in without SKUs)
- Amazon (Builds with limited data and images. Learn more here)
Channels that cannot be used to Build Products: Walmart, Newegg, and Sears.
- For these channels, you must use a CSV Spreadsheet to build Products
For most merchants, their Primary Channel is their web store running on one of the shopping cart platforms that Sellbrite supports. For others using Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) for their inventory, Amazon may be their Primary Channel. Choose the channel that makes most sense for your business.
NOTE: If you have some of your inventory in FBA, but manage non-FBA inventory in a different channel, choose the non-FBA channel as your Primary Channel. Your FBA inventory will be brought in later.
Once you know which channel you want to build from, move on Building!
How to Build Products For the First Time
When setting up your Sellbrite account, Step 2 the setup process is to build inventory from your listings Sellbrite imported during Step 1. If there are any Products not on that channel, proceed with building from the other channels.
First Product Build - Important Limitations
- Shopify and Etsy do not have Parent SKUs, so Sellbrite will assign any Parent SKUs a a randomized alphanumeric SKU. Ex: 43yf3nj35ju63
- If any Etsy listings are missing SKUs, they will be assigned a randomized alphanumeric SKU by Sellbrite, because SKUs are required in Sellbrite. Ex: 43yf3nj35ju63
Limitations for Amazon:
- If you have FBA enabled, and have quantities for any products in FBA: Keep in mind, Amazon will build those products in Sellbrite with the SKU that is listed in FBA
- If you select "Import Out of Stock Products" when enabling FBA, Amazon will create any out of stock FBA products in Sellbrite, with a quantity of 0. And, will allocate it to FBA warehouse.
- If you have FBA enabled, and build Inventory for the first time from any channel *other than* Amazon, you will have a few extra steps.
Continue to Step 4: Link Listings to Sellbrite Products